A Message from
the Centre Director
We teach, we act, we sing, we dance because we love what we do and we love what we do because we are good at it. Each and everyone of us at Starlit Voice has a deep passion for art in all its forms, performance and otherwise. That passion drove us to work, day in and day out, to become the very best we can be in our respective fields. And we never stop working. We never stop learning or growing as professional arts practitioners. Each day presents new opportunities to hone our craft. We are all driven by a near-visceral need to experiment; we are motivated by curiosity and a fundamental necessity to explore and challenge the established conventions of the arts industry. We love asking “what if?”
Our mission is simple: we want to give students the platform, the tools and the skills to ask “what if?” We want to be a company where students, practitioners and the performing arts industry as a whole can thrive. We want to be as open as possible to arts and artists, and to provide a meaningful artistic contribution to—not just the industry—but society in general.
We want students to love what they do because they are good at it.
In order to achieve our goal, we are working on creating a sustainable and beneficial performing arts community where artists, creatives, schools and education centres and, most importantly, our students, can learn and create in an environment where “play” is encouraged.
We will do this through a combination of international-standard arts and communication education, where students are encouraged to learn through creation. Our students will actively share, practice and collaborate with artists from all over the world.
We will create platforms for students and artists alike to say what is in their hearts and to say it with sincerity.
We have started this process already as we have reached to out numerous clients both in the public and private sectors to create exceptionally successful projects and partnerships benefitting not only ourselves and our clients, but also the community.
We wish to expand our reach by providing schools and corporations with the best possible performing arts education. We will do this by consistently and diligently monitoring and updating our curriculum, products and services to ensure that they exceed expectations and industry standards. We will build partnerships through collaboration and mutually beneficial projects. We want our students to experience what it’s like to thrive in a highly competitive industry and we will do this by giving them the skills to create truly good art.
AND WE WILL DO IT ALL WITH CURIOSITY!
Starlit Voice Ltd.
Terms & Conditions
Terms, Conditions, Release of Liability Agreement, Late Pick-Up Policy, and Behavior Policy With Regards To Starlit Voice Events/Courses/Classes
I hereby acknowledge that I am over the age of 18, that I am the parent and/or legal guardian of the child (“Child”), or children registered for this event/course/class, and that I have the authority to make agreements on behalf of Child. I further acknowledge that I have voluntarily chosen to enroll Child in, or attend an event hosted by, Starlit Voice (The Company.) I also give consent to Child’s participation in Company-related activities. I also acknowledge that all of the terms listed in this document apply to me, as well, when I attend an event.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
I understand that certain risks are inherent in any recreational/educational activity. While I understand that Starlit Voice will take all reasonable steps to safeguard Child or Child’s property, I knowingly and voluntarily assume all risks of injury or harm that may be due to a classroom activity or the actions of fellow students. I also understand and agree that it is my and Child’s responsibility to safeguard his or her personal belongings, and I knowingly and voluntarily assume all risk that personal belongings brought to event/course/class may be lost, misplaced, damaged, or stolen. I hereby waive and release Starlit Voice and its owners, agents, partners, representatives, employees, contractors, staff, and other students from any liability, including but not limited to claims based on negligence or some other act or omission, for any injury, illness, or harm to Child or damage of any personal property, including but not limited to musical instruments, incurred while attending Starlit Voice-related activities.
SAFETY & CONDUCT
For everyone’s safety, children must follow all staff instructions. I understand that if a Child’s actions or attitude are deemed detrimental to other participants, staff, or the general atmosphere, he or she may be sent home without any reimbursement for any payment to Starlit Voice. I agree to accept full responsibility, financially or otherwise, for the conduct of the Child — including paying restitution for damage to equipment, property, and facilities, including the personal property of other participants and the Company. Starlit Voice is not required or expected to protect event/course/class participants from theft or damage to personal property.
Submission of an enrolment form and class fee is mandatory prior to the commencement of any class. Payments can be made at the time of registration or by bank transfer or cheque. Cheques payable to “Starlit Voice Limited”. Starlit Voice will be closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Additional Charges & Fees
Please note fees must be paid in full by the 2nd Class of term or the term fee may be subject to a 10% surcharge at the discretion of the company.
Incorrectly written & returned cheques are subject to a 10% charge. Please pay special attention to the payee and the tuition fee.
– Cheque, delivered by post payable to Starlit Voice Limited, Unit 1003, 10/f, Knutsford Commercial Building, 4-5 Knutsford Terrace, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
– Deposit/Bank transfer, send photo of deposit slip or receipt to email@example.com or Whatapps to 63298099 N:B Please specify the name of the student ,course name and school (where applicable).
– Hang Seng Bank – A/C (024)-369-208251-001
*In the event of sickness, refunds will only be possible with a doctor’s note. Prior notice of cancellation will only be permitted for one class per term
In the event of a dispute the decision of Starlit Voice will be final and conclusive.
Centre Classes Only
In the event of sickness, refunds will only be possible with a doctor’s note. Prior notice of cancellation will only be permitted once per term. Please make note of all class dates, no refunds or make up sessions will be given for any missed classes. Please refer to the ‘UTC Term Schedule’ list online.
Extra-Curricular Activities-School Venues
Please make note of all class dates, no refunds or make ups will be given for any missed classes. Please refer to the ‘ECA Program Term Dates’ list online.
- Arrangements during Adverse Weather Conditions
Classes will be held as scheduled when:
- Typhoon Signal No. 3 or below/ Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning is in force.
- Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above/Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered before 7:00am (all day classes).
- Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above/Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered at or before 12:00 noon (afternoon classes).*
*In the event that the school has been closed for the day as stated on the school’s website, scheduled ECA classes will also be cancelled.
Classes will be dismissed immediately or cancelled when:
- The Observatory hoists the Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above.
- A Black Rainstorm Warning is in force.
- Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted within 2 hours before the scheduled class time.
- There will be no makeup class in the event ECAs has been cancelled due to weather conditions.
In the event of sudden cancellation of classes caused by announcements from the EDB, the Hong Kong Observatory, one of our partner schools, or for any reason out of the control of Starlit Voice, no refunds or makeup classes will be offered except at the discretion of Starlit Voice Ltd.
- Health Matters
We reserve the right to refuse attendance of any student who is ill or showing symptoms of illness. Staff may check the student’s temperature as deemed necessary.
It is the parents’ responsibility to keep the students’ health information and emergency contact details accurate and up-to-date. Any special medical conditions or allergies must be disclosed to Starlit Voice.
MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION & SPECIAL NEEDS
I understand and agree that I am responsible for determining Child’s medical, physical or other qualifications and suitability for participating in the event/course/class and its activities. I agree to disclose to Starlit Voice and its staff any pertinent medical, physical, or other conditions and special needs that may affect Child’s participation in these activities. I understand measures will be taken to safeguard the health and safety of all participants; however, in the event of need I hereby grant permission of Starlit Voice or its authorized representatives to arrange for such medical care that Child may require. This includes minor medical care by Starlit Voice staff members. In the event of serious injury or illness, Starlit Voice will follow the protocol as set out by the center/school in which the event/course/class is taking place. In the event that no such protocol exists, Starlit Voice will call the emergency services. Starlit Voice will also use all reasonable efforts to contact the parent, guardian and/or people listed as emergency contacts. I am aware that Starlit Voice assumes no liability for the costs or provision of medical care in the event that care is needed during or after this program.
Starlit Voice requires one month notice prior to withdrawal from our classes. There is a strictly NO refund or credit of any class fee or charges paid.
Starlit Voice reserves the right to vary programs and to reschedule or cancel an event if it is under-subscribed or for any other reason. Starlit Voice aims to give participants at least 1 week’s notice if an event is rescheduled or cancelled, and give a full refund for cancelled events.
For safety reasons, unless previously arranged with staff, please do not leave your child unattended at our partner schools before or after class without adult supervision. Starlit Voice will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any injury or loss of property/ damage of personal property in the partner schools.
During out of school rehearsals, performances and classes children must be left in the care of a current Starlit Voice Company Member. A list of our current staff can be found on our website under ‘About us’ tab. Professional Actors and other outside practitioners employed specifically for the purposes of production or guest lecturing are not deemed ‘Starlit Voice Company Members’ and will not be liable to take responsibility for a child’s welfare. Starlit Voice cannot be held responsible for any incident occurring from negligence, where a child has been not left by a parent or guardian under the supervision of a Starlit Voice Company Member.
- Appropriate Clothing
Students should wear appropriate, comfortable clothes that allow freedom of movement during the class.
- Behavior Policy
Starlit Voice staff works hard to ensure that everyone has a safe, educational, and fun time while participating in our programs. Behaviors which disrupt staff from effectively supervising, instructing, or interacting with participants will not be tolerated. Such behaviors may include, but are not limited to:
- Refusing to follow staff instructions, behavior guidelines, or program rules
- Refusing to participate in activities or cooperate with staff
- Using profanity, vulgarity, ethnic slurs, or obscenity
- Leaving a program without permission
- Excluding other participants
- Teasing, making fun, or bullying of other participants or staff
- Stealing or damaging property
- Using equipment and materials inappropriately and/or without permission
- Endangering the health and safety of children and/or staff
- Threatening other participants or staff
- Pushing, shoving, hitting, kicking, and/or biting other participants or staff
- Using of illicit drugs, alcohol, or tobacco or sexual conduct of any kind
The following actions will be taken if the above mentioned behaviors are observed:
- Step 1: Staff will issue a verbal warning and redirect the participant to a more appropriate behavior.
- Step 2: Staff will remove the participant from the group to discuss the behavior.
- Step 3: Staff will remove the participant from the group for a time-out, and will notify the parent of the behavior. Notification will vary, depending on staffing, and might be done by phone, email, or in person.
- Step 4: Staff will call the participant’s parent or emergency contact to have the participant picked up immediately.
The above steps are generally taken, in the order listed, over the course of a single session of the program. In cases of particularly malicious and/or problematic behavior, a step, or steps, might be skipped. If a participant gets to Step 4, he or she may return to the program for the next session only after discussion with the Director, but will be at Step 3 upon return. Participants who get to Step 3 or 4 more than once may be dismissed from the program, and might be barred from registering for future programs.
No refunds will be issued in the case of dismissal from a program based on inappropriate behavior.
Important: While we might like to have eyes in the backs of our heads, we really don’t. Children retaliating against another participant is also considered disruptive behavior, so please encourage your children to speak up, and tell an instructor, if they are having problems.
10. Use of Images
Starlit Voice reserves the right to use photographs and/or recordings of students taken during classes or activities for the use of educational, training or promotional purposes. Any objection to such use must be made in writing to Starlit Voice.
PHOTO & VIDEO RELEASE
Some Starlit Voice sessions may be videotaped or photographed. I grant permission for the use of Child’s image, voice, and work created at the event/course/class, which may be captured through video, photo, digital camera or other media, for Starlit Voice and/or event/course/class training, promotional materials and publications, and other commercial purposes. Any objection to such use must be made in writing to Starlit Voice.
By enrolling your children in Starlit Voice Classes you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions
Effective from July 2019
For further information, please contact us at:
Starlit Voice Ltd.
Code of Conduct
- Starlit Voice Ltd. is committed to the safety and protection of pupils. This Code of Conduct applies to all members of staff, external contractors, volunteers and guests of Starlit Voice Ltd. and those who interact with pupils in both a direct and/or unsupervised capacity.
- This Code of Conduct applies to both the public and private conduct of those acting on behalf of Starlit Voice Ltd. We must, at all times, be aware of the responsibilities that accompany our work in both professional and private life.
- We should be aware of our own and other persons’ vulnerability, especially when working alone with pupils, and be particularly aware that we are responsible for maintaining physical, emotional, and sexual boundaries in such interactions. We must avoid any covert or overt sexual behaviours with those for whom we have responsibility. This includes speech or gestures as well as physical contact that exploits, abuses, or harasses.
- We must show prudent discretion before touching a pupil, and be aware of how physical touch may be perceived or received, and whether it would be appropriate.
- Starlit Voice Ltd. staff and volunteers are prohibited at all times from physically disciplining a child.
- Physical contact with pupils can be misconstrued both by the recipient and by those who observe it, and should occur only when completely non-sexual and otherwise appropriate.
- One-on-one meetings with a pupil are best held in a public area; in a room where the interaction can be (or is being) observed; or in a room with the door left open or which has glass walls, and another staff member is notified about the meeting.
- We must always intervene when there is evidence of, or there is reasonable cause to suspect, that pupils are being abused in any way. Suspected abuse or neglect must be reported to the appropriate Starlit Voice Ltd. staff member, as described in the Starlit Voice Ltd. Child Protection and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
- No employees or visitors may inappropriately consume, use or be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs when supervising or otherwise working with pupils. Starlit Voice Ltd. venues are no-smoking zones and no form of tobacco or e-cigarettes should be used either off site, when supervising or otherwise working with pupils, or on site at any time.
- Adults should never give pupils any drugs, (e-)cigarettes, images or reading material that is inappropriate.
- If a staff member recognises that a pupil may be infatuated by them, the Centre Director must be informed immediately.
In signing this declaration, I acknowledge that I have read, or been made aware of, the Starlit Voice Ltd. Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy, and agree that in the course of my association with Starlit Voice Ltd, I must never:
- hit, physically assault, or physically or psychologically abuse any child;
- act in ways towards any child that may have a negative effect on their development, including their social and relational development;
- act in ways that set a negative example for any children present;
- engage in sexual activity or have sexual relations with any current pupil of Starlit Voice Ltd. (of any age) or any former Starlit Voice Ltd. pupil under 21 years of age, irrespective of the definition of the age of majority or the way in which consent is legally recognised in the different countries. (Believing that a child is older than s/he, in fact, is cannot be considered an acceptable defence);
- have any relations with a child that could be considered exploitation, maltreatment or abuse;
- act in ways that may be abusive or put a child at risk of exploitation, maltreatment or abuse;
- use language (online /face to face), make suggestions or offer advice that is inappropriate, offensive or abusive;
- behave in a manner that is inappropriate or sexually provocative (online, face to face, or any other medium);
- establish or engage in continuous contacts with Starlit Voice Ltd. students using online personal communication (e-mail, chats, social networks etc.) – only professional online tools and environments the organisation knows about may be used;
- do things for children of a personal nature that they can do themselves;
- give money, goods or other benefits to a child without the Centre Director being aware of this;
- offer transport in my car to a pupil without express parental/management permission unless in the case of emergency;
- condone or participate in behaviour by children that is illegal, abusive or endangers their safety;
- act in ways intended to shame, humiliate, belittle or degrade children, or otherwise perpetrate any form of emotional abuse;
- discriminate against, show differential treatment towards or favour particular children to the exclusion of others.
This list is not exhaustive or exclusive. The basic principle is that you must avoid behaviours that may be inappropriate or potentially abusive towards children.
It is also important that all staff and associates of Starlit Voice Ltd, in any contact with children:
- are quick to identify situations that may place a child at risk and know how to deal with such situations;
- must report any concerns, suspicions or certainties about possible abuse or maltreatment of a child in accordance with the general regulations and this Code of Conduct;
- organise work and the workplace in such a way as to minimise any risks;
- always be as visible as possible to other adults when working with children;
- ensure that members of staff develop a sense of responsibility with regard to the way they operate so that any actions or forms of behaviour that are inappropriate or may lead to abuse of children do not go unnoticed or are tolerated;
- maintain the highest personal and professional discipline and integrity;
- respect children’s rights and treat children in a fair and honest way with dignity and respect.
(A) Statement of policy
Starlit Voice Ltd. respects personal data and is committed to complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486). You may be invited to provide personal data to Starlit Voice Ltd. on a voluntary basis. Personal data are kept for the fulfillment of the purpose or its directly related purpose for which the data are used.
(B) Statement of practice
Kinds of Personal Data Held & Main Purposes of keeping Personal Data
There are five general categories of personal data held by Starlit Voice:
- Student Information
Student information, which includes information supplied by students and parents, is collected in connection with student application for admission, for registration, academic, administrative, research, statistical and marketing purposes for Starlit Voice Ltd. Student records are kept for purposes that include corresponding with, responding to and taking follow-up actions in respect of students, contacts and communications activities. The data will be solely handled by Starlit Voice Ltd. staff but may be disseminated to an authorized third party providing services to Starlit Voice Ltd, in relation to the above purposes, other purposes as allowed by Starlit Voice Ltd. or as required by the law from time to time. These third parties include organizations such as local and overseas educational institutions, examination authorities and government departments.
- Personnel Information
Personnel information, which includes personal particulars, job descriptions, details of compensation and benefits, performance appraisals, references and disciplinary matters relating to job applicants, employees and former employees of Starlit Voice Ltd. Personnel records of employees are kept for human resource management purposes, relating to matters such as employees’ terms of employment, performance appraisal, providing references, professional development, discipline and termination.
- Other Records
Other records, which include administration and other files, contain personal data provided to Starlit Voice Ltd. by individuals for purposes other than those connected with students, contacts, communications or employment. Other records are kept to enable Starlit Voice Ltd. to carry out various functions and activities which vary according to the nature of the purpose for which such records are to be used, including the administration of Starlit Voice Ltd. functions and activities, seeking advice on operational matters, undertaking communications and training activities organized by, or on behalf of, Starlit Voice Ltd, including the acquisition of services and handling of enquiries from members of the public.
- Visual Materials
Starlit Voice Ltd. may take photos and videos of students within the classroom and at school related events. Starlit Voice Ltd. will use the visual material(s) – including any images, video, text, photographs, graphics or audio to enable Starlit Voice Ltd staff and members of the public to have a better understanding of how students are learning, and for the purpose of promoting Starlit Voice Ltd. activities. This may include placing visual material(s) in Starlit Voice Ltd publications, on our website and in our promotional materials. In addition, Starlit Voice Ltd. may also place visual material(s) on third party websites such as Flickr, Vimeo and YouTube which allow for other third parties to display or embed visual material(s) from these websites on any other website.
- Records collected on webservers
Records collected on webservers, which include email addresses (whereas they constitute personal data under specific circumstances that the addresses can be used to identify an individual) collected for newsletter subscription. Records collected on webservers are kept for the purpose of sending newsletters to subscribers registered through the websites.
Starlit Voice Ltd. takes appropriate steps to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure.
Disclosure of personal data
Unless permitted or required by law, Starlit Voice Ltd. will not disclose any personal data to any third parties without prior written consent.
Right of access and correction
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, individuals have the right to request access to and correction of their personal data. Should you wish to access or correct your personal information held by us, please send your enquiry or request to Starlit Voice Ltd. by post, by email or by fax.
Data protection issues/enquiries
Issues/enquiries should be addressed to Starlit Voice Ltd. as follows:
1003 Knutsford Commercial Building, Knutsford Terrace, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send to +852 2895 2187
Starlit Voice Ltd.
FAQ & How it works
How it works – APPLY IN 4 STEPS
Step 1 : Create an account / Sign in if you have already registered
Step 2 : Select your desired course under shop catalogue, then click add to cart
Step 3 : Payment can then be made with credit card through PayPal; bank transfer, cheque*
Step 4 : After your online payment, a confirmation email will be sent to you
Where can I find the course details?
You can access the course details under the “Course” section. Click on the Course title to see the description for the course.
How to use discount code?
After clicking the checkout button, please enter the discount code before you confirm the payment to enjoy the discount or special offer.
What should I do if I want to change my personal information / registration details?
Please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We use PayPal to process payments on our site.
When you place an order with PayPal, you will be redirected to the PayPal payment page, where you can confirm your payment by logging in with your PayPal username and password.
You may still check out without credit card. To do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What currencies can I use to place an order?
Prices will be listed in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD). All registrations will be processed in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) when you check out. When paying using a non-HKD based credit card, exchange rate charges may be incurred. For exact charges, please contact your respective credit card issuer.
Do you have a catalog?
Yes, we have a catalog. Please get in contact with us at email@example.com
I tried to check out and the item in my shopping cart disappeared, what happened?
When you add an item to your shopping cart, it will not be reserved for you. Therefore, it may happen that another customer has already bought the item before you completed your order at the checkout.
Whom should I talk to about other problems?
Please consult firstname.lastname@example.org